These are some thoughts that I had while taking in the transmedia text Sword art online, on a few different mediums and platforms:
- The anime was my first point of contact to the series, which I feel best shows the overlining structure of the narrative that is created.
- The text is focused on a new game known as sword art online that uses the Nerve Gear system, to allow players to experience a virtual world similar to the real one. That turns out to be a trap that imprisons the players in the game, until someone completes it.
- The story follows two protagonist, Kirito and Asuna (though mainly Kirito) as they try to live their lives in the game and complete it.
- It brought up key details such as, characters, levels characters reach, towns, weapons, techniques used, skills and limitations that they face.
- The manga version of the series, which seems to be the…
View original post 355 more words